D I R E C T O R O F A C C O U N T S E R V I C E
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
Are you a problem-solving ninja who craves responsibility and lives for awe-inspiring creative? Sukle Advertising & Design is looking for—nay, on a quest for—a scintillating new Director of Account Service. You’ll be responsible for taking Sukle to dizzying heights to reach our goals, both creatively and financially. You’ll oversee every aspect of agency/client relationships, departmental management and new business initiatives.
We’re seeking a mentor, a guru, a fearless general who knows every nook and cranny of account service, and how to apply that mastery to kickass creative. The one catch—you gotta have at least 15 years’ experience in an agency, high level experience inclusive.
H I G H L Y E S S E N T I A L D U T I E S A N D R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
• Provide direction and guidance on overall agency business.
• Solve problems at all levels within the agency by utilizing various leadership skills.
• Lead, influence, develop and mentor account service staff.
• Provide overall strategic and marketing guidance to agency clients.
• Oversee yearly planning/budgeting initiatives for agency clients.
• Work with account managers to identify opportunities to grow existing client relationships.
• Provide strategic guidance relating to research, creative strategies, campaign concepts and execution of the advertising.
• Instill and foster a clear understanding of how account service contributes to the creative process and how to safeguard this process.
• Ensure proper staffing of account service in order to effectively and efficiently support the agency’s clients.
• Consult with agency president on aspects of agency financial management and take action to ensure financial responsibilities are met.
• Forecast billings, revenues and expenses – at agency and client levels.
• Lead all new business efforts – from mining new opportunities to leading pitches.
• Partner with agency management to identify strategic direction for the agency and plans for executing the required changes.
C O M M U N I C A T I O N A B I L I T Y
• Read, analyze and interpret often very complex documents.
• Respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Write and present presentations using original or innovative techniques or styles.
• Write marketing plans to include strategies, tactics and budgets.
• Negotiate agency/client financial agreements – estimates, retainers and overall contract structure.
• Make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics.
• Present and defend creative work to clients.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 15+ years of progressive advertising agency experience required.
• Thorough understanding of agency business required.
• Clear understanding of and proven experience in creative strategies that inspire creative and successful work.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Ability to team with others, negotiate and lead required.
Contenders should email a very, very persuasive cover letter, a shiny résumé and a staggering portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations.